By Dr. Rich Swier
Here’s a video of Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) explaining Biden’s Build Back Better (BBB) agenda. Pelosi also characterizes BBB as “transformative” which sounds eerily like Obama’s promise to “fundamentally transform” America.
Pelosi states, ‘The Build Back Better is 3 Baskets. ‘It’s Climate, Health, Jobs, Security and Moral Responsibility.”
According to the White House website Build Back Better is defined as follows:
The Build Back Better Agenda is an ambitious plan to create jobs, cut taxes, and lower costs for working families – all paid for by making the tax code fairer and making the wealthiest and large corporations pay their fair share. [Emphasis added]
According to Wikipedia:
The plan is divided into three parts: the American Rescue Plan, a COVID-19 relief package, which passed in March 2021; the American Jobs Plan, a proposal to rebuild America’s infrastructure and create jobs; and the American Families Plan, a proposal to invest in areas related to childcare and education. As of October 1, 2021, the American Rescue Plan is the only plan that has been signed into law, though proposals featured in the American Jobs Plan have been passed in the Senate through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. [Emphasis added]
So, are there are, according to the White House and Wikipedia, only three baskets? Or, according to Pelosi five baskets?
To help us better understand what is really going on with BBB, I will go with what Pelosi’s five baskets.
Let’s take a look at each of these baskets and see what’s inside of each one as we approach Halloween.
- Basket #1 Climate: This basket is filled with green energy goodies. It’s the Green New Deal on steroids. Unfortunately, if you heat your home using natural gas or electricity you are being tricked because you energy bill will go up, not down. If you drive a car, SUV, truck or van that uses fossil fuels you have already see gasoline and diesel prices go up over 323%. There’s no treats in this basket for us consumers too. For you see went the cost of energy goes up so does the prices of consumer goods. This basket is filled with tricks and no treats. Here are three absolutes, that a good friend of mine taught me about the climate: 1. The climate changes. 2. These changes of the climate follow natural cycles (e.g. summer, fall, winter, spring) and 3. There is nothing mankind can do to change these natural cycles. BASKET #1: TRICK!
- Basket #2 Health: What basket #2 is about is COVID. Biden, the CDC and OSHA have used COVID to fundamentally transform our economy and how we live our lives. If you don’t have a “vaccine passport” your ability to travel within the United States and overseas can be restricted or even denied. COVID is the hammer and we are the nails. Get VAXXED or get fired. Get VAXXED or you can’t shop, go to a restaurant or even celebrate the 2021 holiday season. The health weapon of choice is government mandates. Obey or suffer the consequences. BASKET #2: TRICK.
- Basket #3 Jobs: Work for a company with more than 100 employees and don’s get VAXXED you get fired. If you are in the medical profession and work in a hospital and you choose not to get the Covid vaccine you can be fired. It that job creation? We think not. Are lockdowns job creation? We think not. Is forced unions to get jabbed helping the job market? Nope. Are the supply chain backups helping to create jobs? You can answer that one. There’s a growing number of people pushing back against the job killing programs (e.g. higher taxes on business and individuals) of Biden’s BBB agenda. BASKET #3: TRICK.
- Basket #4 Security: Let’s start with Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan to its being blindsided by China’s new weapons system. Iran is on the rise, Biden is encouraging unvetted illegals to cross our Southern border by the tens of thousand and importing unvetted Islamists from Afghanistan. Biden’s security policy is there’s no national security policy. Get it? Got it? Good! BASKET #4: TRICK.
- Basket #5 Moral Responsibility: Biden left Americans behind in Afghanistan. Biden supports abortion up to birth. Biden supports giving illegals voting rights and benefits over our wounded warriors. Biden has kowtowed to the most dangerous regimes in the world and left Americans to fend for themselves. We have see an increase in suicides that fit the COVID lockdowns and social isolation. Biden’s DOJ has designated parents as domestic terrorists if the speak out about public school policies during school board meetings. Democrats continue to persecute those who peacefully demonstrated on January 6th, 2021 in Washington, D.C. Those demonstrators are facing abuse and even torture while in prison. Are these morally responsible positions? NOT! BASKET #5: TRICK
Tricks or Treats?
Question: Are we getting treats or being tricked?
Answer: According to our analysis above we’re all being tricked and Biden is just getting started.
Biden laid out the following goals for his “Build Back Better” agenda:
- “Build a Modern Infrastructure” [More government spending]
- “Position the U.S. Auto Industry to Win the 21st Century with technology invented in America” [Mandate the auto industry comply or else]
- “Achieve a Carbon Pollution-Free Power Sector by 2035” [Green New Deal]
- “Make Dramatic Investments in Energy Efficiency in Buildings, including Completing 4 Million Retrofits and Building 1.5 Million New Affordable Homes” [More Green New Deal mandates]
- “Pursue a Historic Investment in Clean Energy Innovation” [Green New Deal on asteroids]
- “Advance Sustainable Agriculture and Conservation” [Famers required to be green or else]
- “Secure Environmental Justice and Equitable Economy Opportunity” [Equal people are not free and free people are not equal]
The Biden administrations agenda has become very clear.
If the intent of Biden is to make the lives of every American better then as of today he is a complete failure.
Today, Jen Psaki said the $3.5 trillion spending bill costs nothing for Americans earning less than $400K.
Unless they buy groceries, fill up a gas tank, or heat their home.
— Catalina Lauf (@CatalinaLauf) October 4, 2021
So Build Back Better is actually a massive government growth coupled with social a massive government spending spree. Not surprisingly it is inextricably tied to Covid.
To pass the Democrat/Biden Build Back Better agenda requires the American people’s cooperation. However, we are seeing more and more Americans taking up arms against this plan via civil disobedience.
Since his election, Biden’s poll numbers have dropped dramatically as he and his handlers try to implement his BBB agenda.
The backbone of Build Back Better is comply or else.
Freedom of choice. My body, my choice only applies to killing the unborn, not to you if you don’t get jabbed.
We predict as the Build Back Better agenda moves forward more and more American workers and their families will move backwards.
We sincerely hope we are wrong but unfortunately is appears were not.
Refugees resettled in the U.S. receive $2,125 per month from the Government
Social Security recipients who’ve paid into the system receive on average $1,400 per month.
Why are illegal aliens and refugees treated better than American citizens by OUR government?
— Rob (@Rob_7904) October 17, 2021
The midterm elections in 2022 will be a bell weather election. If conservatives, note I did not write Republicans, don’t take control of one or both houses of Congress we are doomed
Get out and vote. Insure your state implements laws that enhance election integrity.
©Dr. Rich Swier. All rights reserved.
This article is courtesy of DrRichSwier.com, an online community of citizen journalists, academics, subject matter experts, and activists to express the principles of limited government and personal liberty to the public, to policy makers, and to political activists. Please visit DrRichSwier.com for more great content.